About Me

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Goodbye 2019

From my home town in Provence 



As we prepare to wave goodbye to 2019, I took time to look at some photos, some special times, some learning experiences and meeting some wonderful people.

Sri Lanka, Curries and Ayurvedic Medicine

Despite the devastating Easter Sunday bombings in Sri Lanka, I will always be drawn to Sri Lanka, a country I visited in March this year.

Food is deeply personal, they say --  I  loved  the fragrant curries!!!


Tea plantation in Sri Lanka


Getting into the tea culture, the beauty and kindness of the people, and most of all  the introduction to Ayurvedic medicine, I will always remember.


Days for Girls

Not all girls can go out and buy a box of tampons when they have their periods. This is what  I learned this year,  thanks to the ladies in New Zealand Days For Girls who allowed me to interview them on their work--  making and distributing hygiene products to women in developing nations.

My thanks to Rachel Haggie for this photo.

Girls from North Sumatra receiving their kits.     

                                                         
Truffles from Provence

The invitation was too good to refuse, a day out in Provence hunting for black diamonds. I'm talking about the subterranean fungus delicacy that food connoisseurs and vegans rave over. They call truffles the black diamond here in Provence. It is a delicacy, they are rare and are one of the most expensive on the market.
I now understand what lead the writer Alexandre Dumas to say that truffles can, on certain occasions, make women more tender and men more lovable.


Truffle Hunting in Provence     photo Robert Florent

And lastly,
Learning how to prepare olive oil based aperatifs

Spending a most delightful day learning how to prepare aperatifs made with olive oil with one of my favorite French food  bloggers.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment